Friday, January 8, 2010

At home in New Zealand

We made it! We are at Weir House in Wellington, New Zealand. Finally figured out how to charge my laptop and sign on to the internet. And we explored the city for a few hours, which was difficult since we live at the TOP of the island and everything to eat/see/do is about a mile straight down the hill. I live on a cliff. But I love it! Getting down was the easy part. Getting back up after exploring for so long, NOT so easy. I'll come home with killer thighs if I keep this up! I have taken loads of pictures, starting on the flight from ATL to LAX. Too many pictures to post here, actually. So I will upload those pictures to facebook as soon as I can. The internet here is very tricky, and I have crashed it twice trying to upload pictures, so it could take a little while.

A few things to know about New Zealand:
They drive on the wrong side of the road, so jaywalking is especially dangerous and very tricky
They have 4 roundabouts that you have to maneuver your way through to leave the airport
Their mountain and tunnel roads are not wide enough for 2 cars to go through side-by-side but they do it anyway
It's beautiful - even downtown is pretty. And clean, unlike Atlanta
I just bought a 1.5 liter bottle of water for one New Zealand dollar, which is about 80 cents American :)

I have no idea how long it's been since I really slept since my clocks are all confused and I spent 13 hours in the dark on the flight from LAX to Auckland. I am having a wonderful time here already, and hopefully the fun will just increase as sleep deprivation decreases :)

No comments:

Post a Comment