Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Zealand bound!!

It's 10am, and in 5 hours I will be on a plane to LAX, to catch a plane to New Zealand! I will be on planes for more than 20 hours, and I will skip over January 8th entirely (international date line, fun stuff!). I won't be able to text once I leave LAX (around 10:30 tonight), since each text would cost me 20 cents, and I won't be able to talk on the phone, so I have set up a Skype account. Ask for the name. Also, I will try to update this as often as I can and I'll check my email and facebook frequently.

I'm very excited about this trip, and I can't wait to start this adventure! 12 weeks of warm weather, 3-day weekends, SCUBA diving, and exploration. Oh, and class. I guess that's important, too.

My next post should be from New Zealand, where I'm spending the first 6 weeks of the semester. We are staying at Victoria University in Wellington. From there we will move to Sydney, Australia for 3 weeks. We will spend the final 3 weeks in Brisbane, Australia, minus the one week we spend on Heron Island, a research facility on the Great Barrier Reef!

Pray the snow stays out of Atlanta long enough for my plane to take off!

-Kat, world traveler and cold weather dodger extraordinaire!


New Zealand :)

3 comments:

  1. I hate you. Can't wait to see pictures though so I can hate you more! (:


    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great adventure!! I love you!
    -- mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a trip of a lifetime! Love you and stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete