Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday and Monday

So today was the first day of class. I have 2 classes in NZ, Environmental Ethics and Island Biogeography. So far, I like Ethics (a philosophy course) better than the biology course. We have 1.5 hour classes, which is unfortunate, but I think I can survive it for 12 weeks. Classes start at 8am, which seems awful but really my comprehension of time is so messed up that it still feels like mid-afternoon rather than early morning. I don't look forward to that changing, although it would be nice not to feel like I need a nap right after lunch every day.

Yesterday, we explored the Botanic Garden (just up the hill from us) for a few hours, and the National Museum (way down the hill from us) for another couple of hours. It was a lot of fun, and we plan on revisiting the gardens a good bit. They have an awesome playground. And ducks. And nightly concerts for 29 more days. It rained last night, and most of us were too exhausted to move, so we skipped the concert last night but we may go to tonight's.

I have posted 2 folders of pictures on my facebook! If you can't see them, let me know. Some of them don't have captions, but I honestly haven't had much time to do anything with them. And now I should go do homework. Or nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment